The resume is your first contact with a potential employer. It should provide a clear picture of your professional experience and convince the employer you are the right person for the role.
Are you looking for resume template?
Here you will find the appropriate resume sample for the job you will apply, e.g. Waiter, barista, labour, nanny, cleaner and more!
Download the resume sample and create your own
Keep in mind!
- Contact details: don’t forget to write down your contact information including your name (first and last one only), mobile number and email address.
- Key Strengths: your personal skills in relation to the position for which you are applying.
- Work experience: your experiences in reverse chronological order (from the latest to the earliest): name of the company, city/country, name of the position and brief description of your tasks in the company.
Education and training
- Write your highest achieved education in your home country (the time of your study, name of the school, subject of your study, obtained title); write also all schools in which you intend to study in Australia (the date of study, subject, name of the school).
- Also include all information about your certificates related to the job you are applying for, especially the certificates required for jobs in Australia (RSA, First Aid etc.).
- You should include people that can speak about your professional qualities including: name of the company, name of the person who wrote your reference(s), contact details – email etc.
Do not forget to put the days and time of the days you are available to work.
Some good tips
Here you will find the DOs and DON’Ts to successfully build your resume and increase your chances to get a job interview.
- Bulleted items - Ideally make your resume listing items. The more reader-friendly the better.
- One page fits all - Fit your resume in one single page (if needed maximum 2 pages).
- Customize – Tailor your application for each job opportunity.
- Grammar mistakes - Use the spell check feature to look for any grammar mistakes and remember to set to “English – Australia.”
- Appearance is everything - Make a resume design that doesn’t look like everyone else’s. Presenting information in neat and organized layout makes the difference.
- Personal info - Never inform your passport details, nationality, visa, date of birth, gender, religion, hobbies or marital status.
- Unrelated info - Do not inform courses unrelated to the job (e.g. Advanced Computer skills in Cleaner resume)
- Too much info - Do not list too many duties you have performed in previous experiences. Only list those relevant for the role you are applying for.
- Redundancy - Don’t list repeated duties for different work experiences.
- Picture - Avoid attaching your picture unless required by the job ad.
Contact Us >>
FREE Cover Letter Creator Online
Free Cover Letter Creator Online - Choose a Cover Letter StyleYour free cover letter can be modified in the future using our simple editing system to load all of your information into the creator with one click. This greatly simplifies the building and editing process.
Enter your information online as requested by the free cover letter creator, you can pick and choose the options you want when making your free cover letter. Please choose a style for your cover letter. Click the circle below the image to select your preferred style then press the button below the thumbnails.
Cover Letter Style Selection